Friday, July 1, 2011

Garage Murals?

Hello blog world! Sorry for disappearing for a while. I got back from the trek a few weeks ago, then kept forgetting to go back to my sad little blog... But I have returned!! =D
Lately I've been obsessed with looking up ideas for my "future home", and I came upon this interesting website where you can get a mural/sticker thing to put on your garage. Its washable, fully weatherproof, non-fading, and attatches with this extra strength velcro tape stuff(so you can take it on and off easily, and you don't have to worry about leaving sticky residue if your renting or something).
The sad thing is its a German company, which means most of the designs are for single door garages (because that's what most homes have in Europe). But they DO ship world-wide, including the United States.
Here are some examples of what they offer. =]


I just hope people are smart enough to realize that this IS NOT a real highway, and they don't crash into your garage door...


If only this was REAL!! I don't know about you, but I'm willing to park my car outside in exchange for a full-fledged beach inside my garage. The only thing better than this would be a portal to Narnia!


This would be a fun thing for Halloween, but I don't see myself using this anytime unless I felt like scaring the crap out of some poor little kid riding their bike around the neighborhood, or True. I bet it would freak her out... hehe!


I wonder if something like this would bug someone with OCD? Maybe some of the... especially aged, in the neighborhood wouldn't get the whole sticker thing and come over to let you know how sorry they feel that your garage has been destroyed?


Here is one of the few two-car-garage murals. I wonder how you could get a giant truck like that into an actual two car garage... Hmmm...


I wouldn't pick this paticular sticker thing to put on my own garage, but it might be interesting to see people walk up and stare at it. :p

If you go on the website and don't happen to like any of the designs, they also offer custom mural sticker things where you send them your own picture and they modify it to fit.
Although they cost about $140, I would totally save up and get one of these things to put on my garage!




Auf Wiedersehen,
The Unintentional Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment